Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Look Ma! Dunlops stick to kids!

  1. #1
    Inactive Member FoxRocket's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 2nd, 1999
    Posts
    247
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Talking

    Okay...So after finally getting around to getting new tires on to my car I'm kicking myself in the ass for not having done sooner! Gotta love hindsight. I went with Dunlop SP 8000s 205/50ZR15s. Dear god what a night and day difference over the stock rubber. How can Honda get away with selling such POS tires on the Integra?

    The Dunlops rock.

    Sean

    ------------------
    - Atomic 'Teg -
    Blown '99 Milano Red GSR, IceMan CAI
    DC Sports 4-1 Header, ES torque mounts

  2. #2
    Inactive Member FIxALPHA's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 19th, 2000
    Posts
    142
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I did the same thing....love those tires.

    ------------------
    97' Ex Coupe,B18C1-hybrid, Turbo Charged
    Riceboy Eater.

  3. #3
    Phantom
    Guest Phantom's Avatar

    Post

    Just watch out for when they break loose, you don't get much warning.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Petie's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2000
    Posts
    92
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hours of research led me to the Pirelli P7000s primarily because of very consistent reviews of how predictable they were in terms of breaking loose and generally very good marks in the other departments on issues concerning the behavior of street tires, particularly in the wet. Biggest minus to the 7000s is treadwear. They go away pretty fast. Dunlops were high on my contender list, but since I don't drive around at 9/10ths very much, I went for tires that don't let go too abruptly so I wouldn't get caught off guard. Anything is better than those stupid silicone laden MXVs, and you'll notice that the car doesn't shock the s**t out of you when you get out of it the way it used to - a welcome change.
    I guess the point - after all that ramble - is that the Dunlops have a reputation for sticking like glue right up to the limit in a corner but smart drivers dare not test that limit without a big, clear runoff area to spin into.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member gmullin's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 28th, 1999
    Posts
    18
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Love my Dunlop 8000s... great tires and like you said night and day compared to the stock michelins. I did the +2 (17") conversion about 30K ago and the tires still perform real well. It's amazing.

    Might go to Dunlop 9000's if these tires ever call it quits. I'll keep 'ya posted.



    ------------------
    '96 Integra GS-R w/JRSC, JR fuel pump,Iceman Street intake,Axxis Metal Master pads,J&S Safeguard,Eibach Springs,Tokico Illumina shocks,Quaife LSD,Clutch Masters Stage III clutch,CM aluminum flywheel,DC Sports Ceramic Headers,Dunlop SP8000 205/40/17 tires,Enkei 17" wheels,PIAA 1200 lights (so I can see what I'm passing),and 1 sh** eating grin

  6. #6
    Inactive Member 00ITR006's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 15th, 2000
    Posts
    355
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    i have the 8000 on my R, the same feel as stock at half the price, i love em, and won't ever get another tire........

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •